Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Brain dominance and ambitions



Holiday. Hardly feel like studying. Experiencing inertia. Physics oh physics. My brain is floppy when it comes to calculations. Remember formula, do calculations, my brain can't cope with that. History and Commerce I like. Read, understand. Highlight main points. Done.

http://www.web-us.com/brain/braindominance.htm

Test your brain dominance. :) What I've got:

Type of Cognitive Processing

Brief Description

HolisitcProcessing information from whole to part; sees the big picture first, not the details.
Random Processing information with out priority, jumps form one task to another.
Concrete Processes things that can be seen , or touched - real objects.
IntuitiveProcesses information based on whether or not it feels right know answer but not sure how it was derived.
NonverbalProcesses thought as illustrations.
Fantasy-Oriented Processes information with creativity; less focus on rules and regulations

I'm predictably right-handed. You know the criss-cross theory where right-handed people supposedly use the left brain of the brain most? My left brain is practically useless. I'm hopeless when it comes to technical problems, logical reasoning, blah. I don't care, I want things to be free.

Which is also stupid for me to go to Science stream. ALOLOL. But I'll lug it through. :D

Hahhaha. I dream a lot. Art is heaven. Art found in architechture, fashion, literature, music whatever. It's fun to explore those. It's an expression of our ideas, our culture, the deftness of our minds in creating something.

Good thing? Creative and conceptual. Bad thing? Sloppy and flaky. You can think out of the box, but you end up being too unstructured and not following rules. :)

See which one are you :)



Oh Art Art! Keep up drawing. Post more soon. This one is an old one. :)

Fifi Lapin! :)

The rabbit instead of a human figure, where she wears clothes from the runway modified to her bunny size. Cute! Saw the book at Kinokuniya.

Kinokuniya is The Shit for bookstores. Thank God for it. I like upstairs, where they stash reference books on Art and Photography and Whatnot.

I bought this thingy called the Teen Vogue Handbook. People in the fashion industry- editors, designers, models, tell you what it's like to be them and how to get there. Mmm, motivation for me. I bought it partly because there was... 25% discount from The Star. :D

A lot of them came from freaking Parsons New School of Design. It's baffling how they churn out so many designers who become world-famous. Eff. It's like the holy grail. Alexander Wang, Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Anna Sui... the alumni is so huge.

Ha. I want to work overseas. Fashion in Malaysia is like a dead industry. Slow on the uptake. How many of Malaysians know who Alexander Wang is? Tom Ford? Mario Testino? Daria Werbowy? Natalie Vadionova? Karl Lagerfeld? John Galliano?

When they think about fashion, high fashion, it's always LV-monogrammed in your face handbags. Gucci monogrammed in your face handbags.

Paris, London, New York, ulalala~ Watching Gossip Girl, reading Vogue. You become so immersed in their culture. It's enticing. The glamour. The art. The beauty of everything.

:) Just dreaming. I'll find my way in there someday.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment