Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Kawaii



Hello!

I don't usually blog early in the week because I'm caught up with college,
but... tomorrow's public holiday so that explains itself. lol
Labour Day!

I actually gave myself a self-proclaimed holiday today because I fell sick.
Counted the hours, I was awake for 21 hours. 
No wonder I fell sick :(
Exhausted. Never tried not sleeping more than 24 hours. ~,~

Anyways I was rummaging across the shelves and came across this:
 

Tamagotchis.
If you know what they are, I wuv you <3 p="">

I had the first one when I was nine years old.
I remember sneaking it to Bestari so that I could
connect with Jun Wen's tamagotchi.

They're something like cyber pets you take care of,
in a cute little egg.

Those are the black and white ones, looking so pixeled. Hahahha!
 

Come years later, a coloured version came out.
How cool is that :(

It was around for quite a while but I never got around to buy it.
These few days I had the urge. And when the urge kicks, no one can stop me.
Went to Pavi yesterday but to no avail.

So I went to 1U's Toys R us.
Went around the store twice but couldn't find it.
Wavered between driving to KLCC or giving up.
Decided to ask them if they have it, just to clear my mind.

And there it was. Hiding in the cashier counter shelves. Whattt!
Because they are a bit more expensive maybe? Hmm

The black and white versions in the picture before this
cost about RM90 each. RM89.90? I think.
But some of the different version cost about RM120.

I think if you don't feel attached to this whole tamagotchi franchise 
then you wouldn't feel RM200 is worth it, AT ALL.
But if you do, then... well. A dress is also RM200
and you wear it once. Tamagotchi can keep for longgg time.

HAHHA! I mean look at the pink one!
I've had it for 11 years now. It still works.



This is actually the Tamagotchi P's.
I wanted the ID L version which was an older version but in English.
P's is in Japanese!

Hesitated about whether I wanted to buy it or not 
but I was so desperate at that time. Aih.
So I thought I will buy the ID L later. lolol

The little heart on top of the egg can actually be removed
and replaced with other "tama deco". They come in different shapes
and unlock different things.
 

And then after that I decided to crotchet my own Tamagotchi cover.
Got inspired by other owners who did it :3

It was quite a while since I've crotcheted anything seriously.
Hahaha! But it was alright I guess. Do only.


Usually I refer to patterns from books to make dolls and mini hats and what not
but I couldn't find exactly a tamagotchi cover pattern.. lol.
So I just guessed the size and sort of minus and add the stitches along the way.
At the end you have to weave in all the loose ends, especially if you change colours.


Ta DAH! Added in Mickey Ears last minute.
Like my Mickey headband :3

The ears were actually quite easy to make, 
sew two identical round bobs and attach it to the top!


Quite pleased with it.
Will do another one if I have time!
With beads and lace maybe :3

And I also thought of doing a cover for my Galaxy Note!
HAHAHAH
 

Also added a cat charm on a mouse cover.
My tamagotchi is asleep already :3


And here are the yarns I made the cover out of.
It used be really hard for me to find yarns and hooks.
My favourite hook is the Susan Bates one!
Got it from eBay ~,~ really was hard to find crotchet hooks last time.

Yarns are the fun part. 
I used to buy them from Art Friend at Midvalley for RM15 per ball.
And then one day Redbook opened and they had so many balls of yarns.
So many colours. Less than RM5 each. I was in heaven.

That was ages ago.
I think as a kid I always had itchy hands.
Handiwork and drawing were my favourite!
Making clothes for Sylvanian Family and making beaded bracelets
LOLOL

Felt like I spent my evening being a kid again, yarns and tamagotchis.
But with flu. Gah. My nose is like a water pipe now T.T
wanna bang wall



This was the day before and I did need tissues but it wasn't so bad. lol =(

But it's okay. Minor illness. Will shoo away soon for sure!
 

I love Pavilion because you can always walk next door to Fahrenheit.
And Sungei Wang though it can be a bit far if you don't have the will. Lol.
They were having some Oriental style acrobatic performance outside.
Feels sooo festive outside. HAHAH!

We walked to Sephora then to Parkamaya.
Parkamaya is fun! Young, trendy, thrifty!
I loved their little nails section.
And F block.
 
  

Ate Unagi Cheese Maki. Mmm.
Couldn't stop shoving them in my mouth.


A little camwhore, before Draping class. 
Bah. Haven't done... drafting's hipster denim skirt master plan and pattern pieces.
Today's drawing homework. Yesterday's sewing for cotton skirt with pocket
and draping's back bodice. !!!@#$%^&*

I wonder if college is open tomorrow. Hmm.
Should be righttt. Need to catch up catch up!
But a lot of people haven't finished also lolol


After coming home for Pavi I couldn't wait to try out the nail goodies.
You see. I love manicures because they have such huge novelty factors.
Novelty fades in a week or two, but coincidentally it is accepted
to change manicures every week or two. FITS WEYH.
 


3D fruity stickers stuck on my nails. 
HAHAHA! They remind me of Sticky candies.
They had the whole stick ones where you can cut them out
how thick or how thin you want. But I lazy lol.
Whole sticks are cheaper. Maybe I get them after this one. Hmm.

I got them from Naga Nail. RM16.90! Quite cheap.
To do this manicure you just need a clear nail varnish 
and a sparkly glittery bling bling die one.

Tweezers are also pivotal for this manicure. Not to be underestimated!
Picked them one by one and slabbed some clear nail varnish as glue.
Then quickly stick it on your nails (must but base coat right before this as well!)
And then add some glitter.

Relvon for the clear varnish.
Nails Inc for the sparkles.
 


They are surprisingly fussy to do, more so than caviar nails.
Because you have to press them while they're drying so 
they contour to your nails. Yeahhh.

I was afraid to shower and run my fingers through my lush forest of hair at first.
Did it. Lol. None came out. One or two came out, but that was before shower.

Anyway you can always top them up. The clear nail varnish
is easy on mistakes!
 

Ya I damn free I know.
But Japanese girls even worse lo!!!
They bling everything with rhinestones and put wigs and falsies.
Nothing is too much work to be kawaii-fied.

   
End with an old picture. Outside of Sephora. :3

Also. BWAHA! I practised some danced tutorials.
Gentleman and some pitbull mixes. Burn fats and get some CHOK.

Gonna cheat and wake my Tamagotchi up now.
Brew sleepy mood hopefully. Hahah

Till then guys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment