Saturday, 25 May 2013

Miss Selfridge


Hello. 

Went on a little event on Thursday.
Relaunch of Miss Selfridge @ 1 Utama.

Wasn't sure if I was going or not initially due to full day college,
but Xuan said there would be fashion show and door gift (!)
The fashionable side and the cheapskate side of me perked up at the mention of that.
HAHAH! 

I think it's easy to persuade someone to go if you're a slick talker.
Make someone feel like they'll gain a lot.
Also as I'm typing this minute jolts of electricity occasionally leak out of the keyboard.
=.= lifting my hands carefully while I type now!


One 


Two.

Was glad for those who came :)
The more, the merrier!

We were all in black except for Xuannie cos she was in a hurry!
But she didn't take as long as I expected heh ^^



Ootd was something simple.
For some reason I wanted to go all black again and let my bright hair do the job.
Turtleneck vest from H&M, maxi skirt from F Block.
Studded heels from Agape Boutique.

The shoes were a risk. But a calculated one.
I figured we would be sitting most of the time.
It hurt a lot at the end though! 

That's why I seldom wear this. Actually it's the first time.
Heel-less with five inch, all the pressure at the one third of your front foot! 
Heh. Will only torture my feet once in a while!


The little event area. Small and cosy but well done.
Canapes being served and photobooths as well.
Celebrities in the mix as well but I don't recognize any because
I don't know anything about Malaysian entertainment scene! :x

Blogger I know! HAHA. Saw a few, nana, chanwon, doris.
A few people stood out, dolled up to the nines.
I think some people just have that IT factor, so elusive and eye-catching.


Well, lucky we didn't arrive TOO late.
Cos as you can tell, seats were extremely limited!!
The show was supposed to start at 7pm.
We reached around half an hour lateish but the seats were full around eight.
Hehe. Would hate it if I didn't have a seat!


My favourite model for the night I would say.
Platinum blonde and pixie-ish features!

The collection was filled with pouffy party dresses, heavy beadings and pastel palette.
Mint green seems to be a hot favourite as is lace.

Feel envious seeing all the models, their legs make them look good in everything!
But, being petite has its own special little cutie features too! :3


Jennie. So long I didn't see her already. A week or two?
That's long la ;(

She has been busy studying for exams. 
But it's coming to a close soon! Hehe.
Gambateh~!


With Mei Yen!

She was rushing to go home cos of her curfew.
Heeee sorry we dragged on till late.
Cos I was happy to see everyone.

Mei Yen wore leggings at first but I lent her my leather skirt lol.
I like to style people, it's like an accidential thing.
Subconscious thing.

Mei Yen doesn't mind ^^ I think she looks better.
Especially with her new heels!
Anyway some people might be like **** off are you saying I don't look good
if you tried to give dressing opinions. Lol

For me sometimes I do that also but at the same time
I'll do a double take and ask myself if it really works to change.
Sometimes we can't see what's wrong when we are too biased :3



Such a cute pink background!
I think those are good cos they can advertise while people can camwhore.

Actually I don't mind going to any miscellaneous blablabla events as long as I've got the gang on.
It's an excuse to dress up and take pictures, something I do best. 
Hehe

And Xuannie's mummy has a lot of event invitations cos she spend so much ^^
Oh yeah, for this event you can RSVP if you are fashion forward member.
They call to invite you. :3

The door gift was a thumbdrive and 10% voucher which I did not use.
I am not one of those girls who think, I save RM50 cos the original price was RM500.
I would just think I used RM500. The deficit is there. HAHAH

But I think their dresses are pretty worth it.
Eventhough I keep saying go buy Sungei Wang it's so cheap etc,
IN THE END if you know what you want to invest on,
do find the good quality version.

Boutique stuff is just cheap, disposable, fun and great for experimenting.
More expensive clothes are for the keeps and their seams always look prettier.
Anyway I think it's like fashion accessories and jewelry.

But then, it's not like we spend so much on clothes.
It's always accessories :3



Loves!



Saw Putra, fashion marketing student from Raffles!
He goes to a lot a lot of events because apparently he is doing internship with 
a company. That's why lol! Going to event is work.
He goes home with the models. But after that he went to another event lol.


Doris aka Weiweihor on Instagram.
Her eyes are shoo big! 
Hhahahah! So cute


red pink orange in the mix. 

Also I wished I had more crazy eyecolours like blue yellow green!
I should buy a new eyeshadow palette. Cos I've always stuck to neutrals :3

But anyway the other day I tried purple on my under eye and it looks cute.
HAHHAHA! More!


People mountain people sea trawling the shop after the event.
So smart they put their event just footsteps away from their shop.
Everyone wanting to use the voucher and buy, after the models rocked it so desirably.
Heavy beading and lace, ruffles and dresses, pastels and creams!


 The event ended quite fast actually, around an hour and a half?
Had lychee refreshments before leaving da place!




Kiki and Jie Yee also came next!
But by the time they arrived the party has already ended... lol!
But they took pictures with the photobooth at least ^^

And Kiki made such a good guess of my style!
She said I was the wild and over the top type.
HAHAHA true. I would do huge ass hairbands and croptops and bleached head.
I think there's no point staying safe at this age...


Catching some supper to mark the end of the night!
At KTZ aka Kei Tak Zik aka Remember to Eat! 
HAHAH! It's a hawker kind of thing in Kepong.
If it's late and you're hungry- go KEPONG!


Happy Kids.


 Here is their signature Mango Shaved Ice.
Love it especially when it's hot outside.




Enjoyable night! xoxo


Anddd I'm off to Vertigo!
More on pictures, this post. :p
Rushing rushing! More words next time, enjoy this one.

Bye peeps :) see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment