Monday, 23 February 2015

Happy Lunar New Year!



Bello!

It's the time of the year to pull out cheong sam from your closet again.
I think it's a must for a chinese to own at least ONE cheongsam.
Wearing traditional garment is a proud thing to do! ^^

I bought this from Cherrie Lee at 1 Utama!
Wanted to have a budget of RM200 to buy cheong sam but I ended up spending 
RM1000 on new clothes :( oh well. Everyone needs new clothes I guess :v

I love cheong sam! The contrasting pipings, the slits, the embroideries and prints.
And the fasteners! Lol. They are called chinese frog closure.


Pretty mou? ^^

I think I would definitely try to sew myself a cheongsam after graduation.
Ah! More on cheong sam later, now back to reunions dinners and etc !


Pink die 


The havoc at Chinese restaurants!
This was at one of the Hakka restaurants in Puchong.
My uncle lives in that area so he brought us there.
The food was very healthy. They served millet rice and a lot of vege.


This is of course, an essential to every reunion dinner during the Lunar New Year.
Yee Sang or Lou Sang. Just toss the colourful ingredients together.
It's better to say some auspicious things but most of the time we don't lolol.



Selfie with ah ku and claire.
Ah ku is my brother's sister.
Claire is my brother's sister's daughter.
My cousin la, in short. ^^

She's only three years old this year but she talks a lot.
She is also very fair and cute, probably grow up to charm
many guys


Daddy came to join in the selfie.



My ah ku is 39 years old this year.
Can you believe it? HAHAHA

I don't mind growing old but I hope I age gracefully :3
But most Asian mums I see are pretty hot.
Like my mummy and ah ku. HAHAHA

I think with caucasians they are very pretty in their early teens and early twenties.
But as they get old weight gain and sagging skin comes along.
I think asians have thicker skin compared to caucasians so a little less prone to aging.
Caucasians sometimes have translucent skin. But! They also have exotic eyes in the form of blue and green irises.



With daddy! I bought him this shirt hahahaha
because I realized this year he didn't wear this type of shirt.
From Cherrie Lee 1 Utama too.



toss toss toss

Actually sometimes the waiter will recite the new year greetings as they add the ingredients.
I like hearing that lolol. They will add the salmon and say something like 年年有鱼 then add lime and say 大吉大利.



From my TR15


And somewhat candid from Ah Ku's S5. HAHAHAH

-------------------------------------


This was at Chui Wah Lou
Two days before Chor 1. 

Daddy's annual company lunch.




And this is me wearing the same cheong sam for CNY last year. 
HAHAHA ma de hair didn't grow much also!!



This was the day before Chor 1,
the official reunion dinner.

At Chui Wah Lou too! The food was terrible for this year!
A bit half-assed and lacking presentation.
RM1100 for one table I think. Better pay a bit more and go Grand Imperial.
HAHAHA. But nevertheless still thankful for whatever I eat.




Lou Sang again


This was Chor 1, balik kampung to Bentong, Pahang.
My daddy grew up there.
But left to KL when he was like 16 or 17 to ahem, cari makan so to say.


So jam man this year. Stopped by at Bukit Tinggi for lunch.
Our usual one hour journey became a three hour journey!!!


Ya Selfie.

Didn't take pictures much after that. HAHAHA.

---------------------------


This was a very impromptu outing with Mei Yen because I wanted to shop for cheongsam.
Thank you Mei Yen for accompanying me! And the sticky too! Hehe :3


CNY version with bun head girl!



This was at Dontaku, previously known as Nippon Yataimura.
I prefer the old one! Better price and more choice.
The udon was a bit bland on this one.

I ordered their sushi to udon set. Rm18 or RM20 I think.


Itadakimas!


Cheong sam from Cherrie Lee!

I bought the black and the pink, wonder if I should go back for the white? :o
The long one is RM399, the short one is RM259.
The black looks nice in real life! The white looks nice in picture!

I love halter neck types of cheong sam- the sleeveless type.
I have pretty broad shoulders so that type suits me more :3
There were so many shops selling cheongsam lol!
That row where they sell evening gowns. Egete, tangoo etc.
There's also a shop which sells tailor-made cheongsam.
So pretty! I would definitely splurge on them when I start working.

I know I've always said I buy cheap clothes, but what you pay for you get! Lol.
I think it's true. When you buy sungei wang clothes it might fit poorly or the threads unravel quicker than you can wear them. 

But there's also great finds especially for casual/college days.


Bought some tops from Forever 21 too! Which was why I overspent that day :v
I love long sleeves or sleeveless. I don't have too many t-shirts.
Pussybow shirts remind me of Alexa Chung. Plus a pearl necklace, it gives off a very French vibe.
Even more so if you add red lippie. Like Anne Hathaway in Devil Wears Prada!
The long flowy cream top is a bit more on the bohemian vibe, kind of Sienna Miller ish.


Also with all that CNY FEASTING.
Had to go to gym. It's been a while since I really run.
Recently I do more on weightlifting. 
When I started out, I used to run 5km almost everyday.
But it killed my feet lol. Nevertheless running is always great!

Aimed for 4km but ended up running 6km that day hehe


Back to reading recently since I had time during this one week holiday.
I'll be dead when college reopens in the next two days.

Nick Vujicic! Halfway through reading. Not bad, pretty inspirational.
He visited Sunway University a year or two back!


Finished this book recently. It was pretty thick, worth the RM50 I paid for.
I think I feel a bit more stingy when it comes to books rather than clothes.
Lol! I just want a book sale! Like RM10 for one book! And I want bestsellers!

AHAHAH. Sad I missed the Big Bad Wolf book sale.

Anyway I really love autobiographies. They're so inspiring.
I want to read Nelson Mandela and Steve Job's next.

I really enjoyed Richard Branson's journey to Virgin Group.
And in his book I can see that he wasn't so concerned with money.
He was more concerned with creating a brand, and making Virgin a successful brand.


Jordan Belfort's Wolf Of Wall Street was also a stellar read!
The movie was great to thanks to Mr Leo.

Must read! Donald Trump's autobiographies/biographies are also exciting reads.
THE BOOK I HATE MOST IS EAT LOVE PRAY.
IT WAS SO OVERRATED AND BORING AND STUPID.
I TRIED TO FORCE MYSELF TO FINISH IT BUT A QUARTER INTO THE NONSENSE I WOULD LOSE INTEREST EACH TIME. THE SHITTIEST BOOK EVER.

Other books are the nonsensical chick lits, which has a predictable plot and an even more predictable storyline. Like those vampire romance books. Or those romance books. Ordinary girl meets rich businessman. Those kind of shit. Totally fine if you just want to past time, but if you want worth for your money, better buy something more original. These books are the type you read once and it's not bad but you totally forget what the story was about. Because it isn't a notable one.


And my all time favourite book for quite a while was Marley & Me.
I can empathise with this book because I'm a dog lover myself.
It's a very sincere account of a dog/pet owner relationship
Especially the bad parts like Marley tearing up the furniture.

I re-read this book about three times.
I seldom re-read books. When I do, it means something really struck a chord with me.


This turned out to be a very memorable read. I remember I re-read it once or twice.
I don't have the book, I borrowed it from Shao Yang.
Very emotional, about a sister who had to keep sacrificing herself for her leukemia infected sister.

I think reading books is really important.
It makes you more cultured, more knowledgeable. Broadens your horizons.
Just start with whatever you find interesting! :3

--------------------------



La Bodega with family.


Tapas and magazines.


A book Natalie gave to me.
Thank you Natalie! And the message was so sweet.



That's all this post!

Have a great CNY.

Till then, xox!





No comments:

Post a Comment